Subscribe to the Real Truth for FREE news and analysis.Subscribe Now
Americans top the world in the category of crimes. They also have the greatest number of burglaries, car thefts, rapes and assaults.
• 0.7% of Americans are currently in prison.
• You are 66 times more likely to be prosecuted in the U.S. than in France.
• Americans and Russians both lead the world in imprisoning people.
• Russia has almost twice the number of judges and magistrates as the U.S.—but the U.S. has eight times more crimes committed than Russia.
• The U.S. puts many more of its citizens in prison than any other nation.
• Per capita, South Africa has the most assaults, rapes, and murders with firearms.
• Two-thirds of the world's executions occur in China.
• Two-thirds of the world's kidnappings occur in Colombia.
• Venezuela is one of the happiest and most murderous places in the world.
• There are more than two jails for every 1,000 men in the Maldives.
• In Colombia, the average criminal sentence length is 137 years.
• In Australia, about one in three people are victims of crime.
• Saudi diplomats have 367 outstanding parking fines in Britain.