You have reached the portion of our website explaining the apostasy of the Worldwide Church of God (WCG). Start here if you do NOT have a WCG background.
Founder and Pastor General of The Restored Church of God, Editor-in-Chief of The Real Truth magazine, and voice of The World to Come program, David C. Pack has reached many millions around the globe with the most powerful truths of the Bible—unknown to almost all. He has authored 80 books and booklets, personally established over 50 congregations, and appeared as a guest on The History Channel. Mr. Pack attended Ambassador College in Pasadena, California, entered the Worldwide Church of God ministry in 1971, and was personally trained by its founder, Herbert W. Armstrong.Learn more
Seven Worsening Trends Coming Upon the Splinters!
By David C. Pack
NOTICE: This is the FIRST in a series of special announcements. They collectively unveil the massive, ongoing expansion that God’s Church, Work and Headquarters are experiencing. There is a reason for this expansion! The reader should contrast these announcements to the increasing bad news and bad events in UCG, LCG, PCG, COGwa and ALL splinters and slivers of the Worldwide Church of God. You must see what they are NOT announcing, and why they never will—and what GOD is bringing upon them. The place to start reading is either the fifth announcement—“God’s People Back Together—SOON!”—or the first one to catch up on all you have missed. If you begin with the fifth announcement, then read those before and after it. They are all important. An enormous and detailed prophecy is now being carried out by God. He is preparing events to soon bring His people back together—all of them. It is not my task to convince you the prophecy is true. God will do that! My job is to systematically lay out the specifics of what will happen and WHY—good and bad, pleasant and unpleasant. YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS A SINGLE ANNOUNCEMENT! If you do, CATCH UP. Also, you will miss the full impact if you skip sections of these announcements.
Many thousands have read previous Friday announcements about what is foretold to happen to the organizations that formed after the Worldwide Church of God apostasy. Many of these have asked what the downward spiral of these big groups will look like through the run-up period to God bringing all of His people back together into one organization. This and next week’s announcements will cover two crucial aspects of what to watch for. The following Friday (April 26) or the one after (May 3) will likely be the natural time to begin introducing the biblical framework of the prophecy, including specific verses. At this point, I have merely alluded to the prophecy’s last chapter—the reuniting of all God’s people!
What is coming in the prophecy’s present chapters is not complicated to understand. God makes clear that what happens will fall into seven categories! Brief summary statements are all that is necessary to understand HOW—in what WAYS—the splinter organizations will eventually suddenly collapse after final, prophesied culminating events. Nothing will stop this—NOTHING!—and its arrival is as sure as sunset. The following trends are already happening to some degree—but they will worsen dramatically for a very short period. For over five months, I announced to brethren in The Restored Church of God that these things would happen, and why. These items are what God lists in His Word:
(1) More and more people will leave, and are already leaving, the big and medium-sized organizations.
(2) The governments, headquarters and various corporate boards within these organizations will experience more politicking, confusion and division, possibly including splits.
(3) Declining income—people leaving or withholding tithes and offerings—including lower Holy Day offerings—is happening and will worsen. (But remember, income can be level, or even slightly up, while the organization’s actual scope and reach is shrinking because inflation alone eats up small increases, and usually more than this. Hiring of staff and ministers [other than replacements] and all forms of true expansion have basically already come to an end.)
(4) As groups long cut off from the Vine, Jesus Christ, and outside His Body, but still having a little of God’s Spirit, the production of even this small amount of God’s Spirit will dissipate and dry up. This is already happening. Part of this will be coworkers and donors drying up, which will worsen number 3 above. Consider the following. All that in a sense “naturally grows of itself” will disappear with organizations starving into nothing. All perceived advancements (basically smoke and mirrors that were never real, anyway) will come to a grinding halt. But this is not to say that fruit from God will disappear, because there has never been any. Christ did not build and has never headed any of these organizations.
(5) An increasing loss of ministers and administrators will occur—leaders at various levels will be taken away. This will be due to terminations, resignations, disability, defection, death and disqualification, etc. And this will involve wives. (This part of the announcement could easily include a growing list of ministers’ names [and wives] that began to significantly increase in the mid-autumn, but had also been happening before then.) After a point, ministers will start losing their jobs and find themselves scrambling to survive. Also already happening, this will include disfellowships (of brethren or ministers) to preserve supposed “unity.” Unable to break people and ministers who will not compromise the truth, leaders copying the very methods of the Worldwide Church of God apostates because they are led by the same spirit will summarily “deal with” these said-to-be “rebels” and “enemies” who are “sowing division.” This new, greater level of truly dark, devilish conduct coming from the top of these organizations against those who won’t give up the truth—people they cannot break—will worsen. I know what some are suffering, and what more will. I’ve tasted such tactics by compromised, evil leaders.
(6) There will be complete loss of accumulated wealth that had built up in organizations for “rainy days.” There will also be the loss of all assets. This may come after organizations have cut back in easier areas hoping to stanch bleeding. It won’t work. The bleeding will not stop.
(7) Media “doors” will continue to close. Simple lack of income will force organizations to shut more and more of what splinter leaders have long called and presumed to be “open doors before us.” You must watch for inconsistencies carefully crafted to hide the shrinking—the retreating—of the “work” these organizations do.)
Take note. These things will not of themselves break the stubborn resolve—and resistance to what God is doing—of thousands of brethren, and hundreds of ministers, who will remain “holdouts” in the face of ever more evidence—powerful facts! Therefore, God will bring a culminating event, which could be called the eighth thing to happen, in a way that implodes these groups OVERNIGHT and leaves thousands of people in utter shock at what they just witnessed. Those who are regularly reading these announcements will be somewhat less surprised, but also stunned. This event will be explained in the future.
Understand. Private bemoaning and lamenting about these things—and real worry—is already occurring, and to a growing degree, with public concern becoming louder. More and more thinking ministers and brethren will fret and grind their teeth, asking, “What is going on?”
An analogy will help. Corporate “bones” will begin to crack or break, sometimes quietly if the “bone” is small, but other times with loud snapping sounds if they are structural “weight bearing bones”—corporate femurs or tibias, so to speak. All attempts to solve problems and repair breaches—and to prop up organizations—will come to nothing.
Brethren, think carefully about WHERE you send tithes and offerings. Remember that tithes (and offerings) BELONG TO GOD. You will want to ponder long and hard whether you want to send what is GOD’S to be poured down the drain toward NO GOOD END! Banking tithes because you are unsure of where they belong is not stealing them. Giving them to God’s enemies IS! You once understood this during a period of uncertainty in the Worldwide Church of God. Ask: Why would now be different?
Leaders will mock and ridicule as ludicrous what they will see as baseless assertions in this announcement. Think. What choice do they have? They must do this! Our extraordinary advancement, expansion, blessings and fruit—SUCCESS in the face of their FAILURE—threatens them. These leaders will wish I would just “leave them alone.” (Translate this, “Quit telling people what’s really going on. We need them in the dark.”) They (so will others) will say, “How presumptuous—and arrogant—of David Pack to make such pronouncements! Who does he think he is?” Certainly these statements are provocative. But these things WILL HAPPEN, and the even barely discerning reader will see they already are! What is written in these announcements are not the “forecasts” of another ignorant, false prophet kook (you know the names). I am not a prophet. These are GOD’S words, made most clear in Scripture. There is no need to invent these things (Rom. 1:30). But neither is there need to defend them—nor in any way to convince you of them. God will. Like all of God’s designated servants, my job is to inform, prepare and warn of what God says is coming.
God loves His people—all of them, and no matter where they are. He is not going to abandon them under false governments and false leaders, spewing false doctrines within organizations He did not build. He is duty bound to show them where to go, and in fact to deliver them Himself—if they will follow.
Great numbers are thankful and excited about these weekly announcements. Naturally, others are dubious. And also naturally, some few attack the author. Though enthusiasm is growing—over 11,000 have downloaded just my article, “ALL God’s People Back Together—SOON!”—most will not come here in any great numbers YET because of the blizzard of lies about The Restored Church of God in general, and me in particular, that they cannot seem to fight their way through. The “culminating event” will be the only thing able to awaken some people. God knows this.
In sharp contrast to the seven trends above, the picture in The Restored Church of God will be entirely different—and the opposite. God’s Church will continue to grow and EXPLODE with His blessings! YOU WILL WATCH THIS. In fact, you will be unable to miss the chasmic difference between us and your organization!
Keep reading these weekly announcements to regularly learn more of what we will be doing and of what is coming. Next Friday I will cover WHY these things are happening, as well as the short-term strategy that leaders will employ to try to explain away what they are unable to stop. Do not miss next week!