You have reached the portion of our website explaining the apostasy of the Worldwide Church of God (WCG). Start here if you do NOT have a WCG background.
- “Anoint Your Eyes” – Christ’s Warning to His People
- The True Church – One Organization, or Many?
- The Government of God – Understanding Offices and Duties
- The Work of God – Its Final Chapter!
- Why The Restored Church of God? – Should You Join?
- I Will Send Elijah to Restore All Things
- Should Accusers Be Answered?
- Is “That Prophet” Alive Today? – The Rise of False Prophets
- There Came a Falling Away
- Surviving “Perilous Times”
Founder and Pastor General of The Restored Church of God, Editor-in-Chief of The Real Truth magazine, and voice of The World to Come program, David C. Pack has reached many millions around the globe with the most powerful truths of the Bible—unknown to almost all. He has authored 80 books and booklets, personally established over 50 congregations, and appeared as a guest on The History Channel. Mr. Pack attended Ambassador College in Pasadena, California, entered the Worldwide Church of God ministry in 1971, and was personally trained by its founder, Herbert W. Armstrong.Learn more
Splinter Explanation Packet
Dear Interested Reader/Listener,
You have inquired about The Restored Church of God (RCG). Most have the same questions about our beliefs and goals, and why we exist. And many ask, “Will you send me what you have?” or “Can I be put on your mailing list?” or “Who are you?” or “What do you teach?” These questions kept raising the larger question of how to provide a complete answer.
Over 150,000 in the Worldwide Church of God once understood these 20 words: “Jesus built a Church that does a Work under a Government that explains and declares the Truth through two commissions.” If you still believe the four elements of this statement, you are looking for one organization, and therefore to see if The Restored Church of God fulfills this description.
Our Splinter Explanation Packet (SEP) thoroughly explains who and what RCG is, and answers every conceivable question about the apostasy, including why “splinters” formed, and how The Restored Church of God is completely different!
When RCG began, I determined to build—and continue—on what all once understood to be the right foundation. This included creating every tool necessary to understand God’s purpose and the events He foretold to slam into the world and the Church in the last days. Those joining us must know what they are “getting,” and we must know they agree with the whole truth as the Church learned it. Recognize that each book and sermon has a purpose, and you must study the entire SEP to get the full picture. Serious readers do this. Many have come to believe the Church is to be scattered until the Tribulation, and that Christ’s unified Church and Body, led by the government of God, cannot reappear before the Place of Safety, with some even convinced that this is what God desires—all tragic misunderstanding by an era Christ called “blind.”
Four facts emerge: (1) God restored the full truth to His Church through Herbert W. Armstrong (Matt. 17:11). While many have either forgotten or rejected true doctrines, they still believe themselves “standing for the truth.” (2) Most no longer understand either the government of God or the Work of God. (3) Therefore, confusion, division, charges and counter-charges exist between and within the many competing, multiplying splinters. (4) This has resulted in large numbers shriveling and falling into sin, and growing spiritually “cold” (Matt. 24:12). Anger and bitterness have now gripped thousands.
Thus, avoiding compromise (Rev. 3:11), having the real love of God for all people, and finishing His true Work (John 9:4)—taking the gospel of the kingdom and “all things” to all nations (Matt. 24:14; 28:19-20) and warning great nations (Ezek. 33:7)—form our foundation.
We will stand the test!
Some leaders inflate subscriber lists for “bragging rights,” and send materials to mere collectors, not doers. Anyone is welcomed into their groups. This is a “numbers game” God’s servants never play! Although RCG is growing rapidly, we do not seek to “get members” or “grow in numbers.” We are neither a tape ministry nor a “come as you are” Church. You will see we are not a splinter, but rather the Church of God—the undivided Body of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23; Col. 1:18-19) and Temple of God (Eph. 2:20-22; I Cor. 3:16)—continuing God’s Work and feeding Christ’s flock. So, we do not seek readers who receive everyone’s material but never take action—never take a stand for all God’s doctrines—never do anything. So many today are unwilling to fully return to living God’s Way, following all of His truth, and doing—supporting—finishing—His final Work!
Understand. Jesus taught, “Freely you have received, freely give” (Matt. 10:8), and we happily do. But this packet is expensive (2,100 pages, plus sermons and videos). Just this is more material than any splinter offers its members and the world combined! Producing it was the duty of God’s Church—and no one else was led to do this. We have also rewritten the entire body of literature containing God’s truth for those learning it for the first time—those called now. Former WCG brethren knew God’s doctrines. They generally do not need this material (5,000+ pages) to decide to join RCG. Our websites make available everything that we have (many thousands of downloads daily!). This policy offends some who would “halt between two opinions,” but to send materials without end, so no choice must be made, would be a disservice! Consider. We have more material than was ever produced by God’s Church in any age, yet we are relatively small—equivalent to the Church in the late 1950s! We must be able to afford to teach those called today. (Like the WCG, we produce some materials for members only.)
This is a complex age, and in considering RCG you face a truly colossal decision. You must “work out your own salvation with fear and trembling” (Phil. 2:12), not rushing, deciding one way or the other too fast. Study the facts and take a firm position! Remember the 20 words given at the letter’s outset.
You are urged to read the books in order! “Anoint Your Eyes” is absolutely crucial, but you are not ready for it until you have grasped “The True Church.” Next, “The Government of God” is infinitely bigger than meets the eye. (We suggest first viewing the seven SEP videos included with this packet. These brief, introductory videos set the stage for the extensive literature.)
Then there is the question of what lies ahead in the final chapter of “The Work of God.” You should find it to be an electrifying book, particularly the second half, which contains understanding you could never anticipate! Your background and circumstances could adjust the priority of books five through eight. (In most cases, we choose to send only the first four books. The rest are not needed for most readers to discern where God’s Church is.) The last two are reference works that help frame the big picture. They may be studied after entering RCG. Realize a few sections are repeated between books for help in context.
Here is what is included:
- Splinter Explanation Packet Videos – Powerful videos introducing several key books found in the SEP. Also included is a video providing an overview of the SEP and one addressing the crucial subject of deception among God’s people in the splinter groups and beyond.
- The True Church – One of the Bible’s most crucial doctrines—yet confusion abounds in the splinters.
- “Anoint Your Eyes” – The window to spiritual survival in this age.
- The Government of God – Restored to Philadelphia—chaos now reigns. Details offices and duties.
- The Work of God – An incredible look at what remains in the final chapter of God’s Work.
- Why The Restored Church of God? – Answers the most basic, commonly-asked questions about RCG.
- I Will Send Elijah to Restore All Things – Central to what most no longer comprehend.
- Should Accusers Be Answered? – Absolutely critical to understand!
- Is “That Prophet” Alive Today? – Vital for all in, or who were in, PCG.
- Surviving “Perilous Times” – Compilation of articles, with the first two most important.
- There Came A Falling Away – Can be studied over time. Contains my Biographical Foreword.
- “The Body of Christ: Why Most Are No Longer in It—But Assume They Are!” (2 parts)
- “Watchman to Israel—Messenger to Laodicea!” (2 parts)
- “21st-Century Apostle” (2 parts)
- “The ‘Synagogue of Satan’ Identified—and Marked!”
(Sermons are in MP3 format. If you have difficulties playing them, please contact us.)
Do not hesitate to let us know if we may be of further service. We look forward to hearing from you.
In Christ’s service,
David C. Pack